On Canada, Lovely people, and Excellent Service!

Nov 29, 2010


IMG_0125

IMG_0129

IMG_0135

IMG_0128
Top-Oasis, Trench- Carboot, Belt-Tophop, Bag-H&M, Gloves-Givenchy, Cardigan-Massimo Dutti, Shoes-Aldo
IMG_0132

It's nice to be finally back in Toronto. It has been years and years since I last set foot in my country!

I am slowly rebuilding a life here. Canadians are so lovely so adjusting hasn't been so tough. The only thing that bothers me is all the concrete and motorways. I don't think I could ever get used to it. I need a good dose of pretty in my life..preferably by way of buildings, gardens, and cobblestone streets.

IMG_0145

There is, however, a place here in Toronto that I have fallen madly in love with. Mount Pleasant (near Eglington) is lined with antique shops, novelty shops, candy shops, small restaurants, and vintage stores. Totally up my alley.

IMG_0149

The vast quantity of malls overwhelmed me on my first week. I hate malls so upon discovering this little nook where one need to walk the streets to land upon another shop made me breathe a sigh of relief.

IMG_0151

IMG_0152

IMG_0153

IMG_0154

I met the loveliest antique dealers too and had some pretty great chat with them. My favorite is Mr. Kourosh Katirai who owns Antiques On Mt. Pleasant and is Persian by descent. He saw me going through his vintage jewelry section and exclaimed how I looked like I've been looking for old baubles all my life. Of course, this made me instantly love him.

IMG_0155

I went ahead and shopped in his amazing treasure trove. Soon I zoomed in on a beautiful art deco clip and knew I had to add it to my collection. When I brought my money up the till to pay for it, Mr. Kouroush told me that he wanted to give it to me as a gift. I was very grateful but told him I wouldn't want him to lose business. Alas,upon his insistence I accepted his generosity.

IMG_0164

Check out the rest of his shop.

IMG_0156

Apart from baubles, he has a great collection of light fixtures and crystals as well.

IMG_0157

IMG_0158

*

To top of my amazing week, I received a parcel in the post this week. Brian sent me a pair of Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses! I was squealing the whole night because I couldn't get over how perfect they were. (My auntie can attest to this. Her ears may still be bleeding.)




IMG_0068

It was packed so well with a complete set of authenticity cards, lens cloth and hard case. Brian sells different high end brand sunnies so check his website out to find the perfect pair for you at an amazing price. I have found mine and I have been wearing them on a daily basis.

IMG_0069

Thanks again, Brian!

14 comments:

Bub said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the overload of leopard print! Love the way your blog is looking!

http://bubbbbbbaf.blogspot.com

Rosanna said... Best Blogger Tips

how lexi safari of you with all the spots!!! love it! hahaha!

Mariposa said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks like someone sneezed a leopard onto you. I like.

Free jewels? hello!

xxx

angela said... Best Blogger Tips

how long are you here for?

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

love this!! great to have you guys back

Life's a shoe said... Best Blogger Tips

like the outfit! Now I want to buy a leopard bag!

hanna said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks everyone!

mariposa 'a beaut inside out': remember when someone sneezed studs on me as i was walking to your studio? i never looked so good.. i miss thee. get on skype, i have so much chat. well, ish. xxxx

classiq said... Best Blogger Tips

love the trech style inspired coat and the skirt!

jess said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh i see spots. i like it v.much!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

spotted: little miss hanna, in a beige trench and long black skirt, walking into the toronto eaton centre via queen station.
sorry, that was unnecessarily creepy, haha. consider this the canadian greeting i wasn't able to say out loud due to a delayed reaction time -hello!

hanna said... Best Blogger Tips

geezlaweez- haha. this is too funny. you should have said hi! im always on a look out for a friendly face. can you believe how wet it was today? UNREAL.

[Anna] said... Best Blogger Tips

The british goods shop intrigues me. Over here, we have shops that are dedicated to selling american goods but i think a few products aren't allowed to be sold over here as they don't pass the food regulations. :S

x

gucci watches ladies said... Best Blogger Tips

reading your post and i do believe you are born to be a fashion blogger.

tami said... Best Blogger Tips

you look so classy!! such a breath of fresh air